Why Study Humanities and Social sciences?
The Humanities and Social Sciences are critical to human cultures across the world. Their study can facilitate a greater understanding of different cultures, human relations and lay a framework for a civically engaged life. They can also prepare you to think creatively, critically and enable you to be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Below are ten reasons why you should choose to study humanities and social Sciences
- Humanities and social sciences will help you develop analytical thinking skills you need to be a successful student and employee.
- Humanities and social sciences will improve your skill at oral and written communication.
- Humanities and social sciences will help you to discover the interconnectedness of all areas of knowledge and how it all fits together.
- Humanities and Social sciences will enable you to develop a global perspective by studying different cultures throughout the world.
- Social sciences will also help you to deepen your understanding and appreciation of other people’s cultures and points of view.
- Humanities and Social Sciences will strengthen your artistic talents by sharpening your creativity.
- Humanities and social sciences will help clarify your values by comparing and contrasting them to other people’s values and thoughts.
- Humanities and Social sciences will help deepen your sources of wisdom by learning how others have dealt with failures, success, adversities, and triumphs.
- Humanities and social sciences will help you appreciate what is enduring and to be able to tell the difference between what is meaningless and meaningful.
- Studying humanities and social sciences will help you to be inspired by some of the most intriguing and greatest minds across generations.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences is the biggest college in the University of Nairobi accommodating over 60% of our student population. We provide top notch training and produce the most impactful research that offers solutions to local, national and global problems. We have high quality learning facilities and for years continue to produce the most competent, well-rounded and responsible graduates ready to serve all communities both locally and internationally.